In case you have a mismatch of TDS amount, you can get its benefit if you visit the assessing officer on your own instead of sending a representative. The CBDT vide instruction no 05/2013 dated 08.07.2013 has instructed that the assessing officer should give benefit of the TDS amount to the assessee on the basis of requisite details and particulars in the forms of TDS certificate submitted in the case, when the taxpayer approaches the accessing officer on its own.
Other tax changes that are applicable for the current financial year 2013-14:
- Investment in Rajiv Gandhi Equity Saving Scheme
- Life insurance premium deductions
- Contribute to health schemes
- Property investment equals more deduction
- A house abroad, more returns
- Mismatch of TDS amount